Two words that should never be stated together: Homeless and Veteran
Yet, nearly 50,000 men and women U.S. military veterans, who once wore our nation’s uniform and protected our freedom, are now sleeping in our nation’s streets. (2014 Point-in-Time count by HUD, U.S. Veterans Affairs)
- That’s 12 percent of all homeless adults in America.
- The VA and regional initiatives can help move homeless veterans into safe housing.
- However, most are in need of furniture, bedding, towels, kitchen utensils, and other household items.
- Distribute and sell H2O(H) to generate revenue to fulfill the need.
- Identify partners to support the plan
- 90 percent of all revenue would go directly towards the H2O(H) initiative
- 10 percent used for administrative costs
- Sell H2O(H) to generate revenue to fulfill the need.
- Veterans can select from a list of items called a Veteran Move-In Kit (VMIK).
- This list includes items required to get started in their new accommodations, i.e. furniture, bedding, towels, kitchen utensils, and other household items.
- A $2,500 voucher could be used to buy items from VMIK.